The Waltman Agency History
The Waltman Agency was founded in 1920 by the late Harry R. Waltman, a young attorney who established an insurance agency which operated above The City National Bank at 31 N. High Street, Millville, NJ.
In 1952, The agency purchased another insurance agency at 135 N. High Street, Millville, NJ. In 1954, George L. Waltman, son of Harry came to work for the agency. In June 1956, a partnership was formed with Harry and George which became known as The Waltman Agency. The business functioned that way until the death of Harry R. Waltman in March 1968.
George ran the agency from 1968 until 1982 when his son, Alan J. Waltman became a licensed agent and joined the agency. The Waltman Agency became incorporated in 1985 with George L. Waltman as President and Alan J. Waltman as Vice President.
The Waltman Agency increased their staff in Jan. 1987 by adding Mary Ann Waltman, wife of Alan, as office manager. Because of continued growth, the agency moved to 8 W. Vine Street in Sept. 1988. After purchasing another agency our office continued to grow, we then moved to our own building and present location at 22 W. Vine Street in July 1992.
After 40 years of service, George sold the business to Alan in Jan. 1993, where Alan is now President and Mary Ann is Vice President.